Hello, welcome to my blog!!
My name is Lijju Mathew and I live in Dallas, Texas. I am originally from India and did my graduation in Computer Science Engineering there.
I have been working in data space all along my career and my expertise is in data engineering, analytics, and data solutions. Below is my journey so far
- After graduation, I worked for couple of years as teaching assistant.
- In 2004, I joined a Software Firm in India which kickstarted my IT career.
- In 2006, I moved to US and gained more experience working on ETL, Data Warehousing tools and little bit on programming (Java & Python). I have worked as a consultant for financial firms building, and architecting ETL and DWH platforms.
- In 2015, when big data hype was at its peak, I took a plunge into it and got exposure to hadoop and distributed computing.
- In 2016, I joined a gaming retail company where I am currently working now as a Data Architect. Here, I had the opportunity to pick up my cloud skills and contribute on building a modern data platform with data lakes and cloud data warehouses on AWS and then on GCP.
- In 2020, my continuous learning passion pushed me to purse Masters in Data Science from SMU which I am expecting to finish this by 2022.
This blog is mostly about things that I have learnt and intersting things worked on. It is my way of keeping track of things, showing what I have done and sharing it.
In spare time I like to read books, watch movies and like to travel.
Disclaimer : The opinions and suggestions expressed on this blog are my own and do not represent the views of people/institutions/organizations that I am associated with, in the past or present.