February 15, 2021
Book Review : Declutter your Mind
This is a must read book since we are in a digital age and especially going through pandemic times, we certainly need to declutter our minds. There are four things to declutter the mind.
Decluttering your thoughts
Here are some of the causes for mental clutter.
- Daily stress from information overload with phones, social media, physical clutter and concerns in life.
- Freedom of choice coupled with endless choices can have mental and financial impact.
- Too much stuff from homes being filled with unwanted stuff, our personal computers and mobiles filled with overflowing messages.
- Our minds being hardwired to overthink, worry and view situations more negatively than they are in reality.
There are some habits suggested to get around this causes, from practicing focused deep breathing, meditation, reframing all negative thoughts and some times ignoring the negative thoughts and moving on
Decluttering your life obligations
- Understand and identify your values and guiding principles of your life
- Identify you life priorities, it could be career, family, health, relationship etc. Identify how you spend your time, energy and money currently and make adjustments/room for you life priorities.
- Create smart goals and connect goals to your passion.
Decluttering your life relationships
- Relationships will have a profound impact on your mind and dragging any unpleasant relationships from the past will be heavy that drains energy and peace. So resolve what you can is possible, sometimes forgive.
- Pay close attention to your ongoing relationships with your partner ,family and close friends. Be committed and spend some quality time with them.
- Let go of certain people causing constant pain.
Delcuttering your surroundings
Start with decluttering the home, get rid of things that has been not used in past 6 months, simply your digital activities, first get rid of the habit of taking phone to the bathroom and often take a digital sabbatical.
I loved this book and highly recommend reading this to detox your mind.